I'm here again blog. Living life and blogging it down for the world to read.
I'm in a place right now spiritually where I need to be renewed. I'm allowing myself to become so busy that I can't do the things that I said I would this summer. I need to write my stories to prepare for my senior project and I need to grow closer to my Savior. So I've decided to go on a retreat to a monastery and stay for a weekend. My school went a few months ago and I wish I would have gone then, but now is my chance.
In one of my previous posts I wrote about wanting to live a simple life. I'm sure that I can learn a little bit more about that from monks who live simply every single day of their life. I want to practice silence and be away from phones and work and plans and drama and TV and Internet and especially drama. I want to just be in a place where I can concentrate on God fully and grow closer to him. I want to be in a place where I will pray constantly to God and reflect on him and what he wants for my life. Sometimes it's hard to do that when there are so many things that grab my attention. I think it will be an new and exciting experience for me and one I will never forget.
Hailey, I'm sunburned too.
Anyway, short post.
See ya virtual world.
Erin.
3 comments:
Hahahahaha being sunburned is great... isn't it?!?
dude, I'm totally with you on the whole Solitude situation. Man do I feel so dry spiritually. I need a rainstorm ya know? I value our "talks". It's coming girl...it's coming. :) (the spritual rain storm that is...)
Oh, and yea, I wish I was sunburned...then that would mean that I was at least out in the sun!! :(
So did you ever go to the monastery? I hope so! I love you!
Holly
Post a Comment